Welcome!!!

As my blog name suggests, this blog will be like a learning journal. I won't go step by step on each dessert on what to do, but instead focus on the technique(s) I was learning and what I discovered while in the process of making it. I hope you will learn a thing or two, or if anything, use this as a reference and get ideas for your dessert-making. Happy decorating!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Purple Flower Diaper Cake

 
 
diapers (size 1), string, cake pans (6", 8", 10"), ribbon, tissue paper (white, purple, and green)
 
Focus-overall design of the cake
 
Before I start, I'm sorry it's been a while since I last posted.  I have some more cakes to post, but they are mainly diaper cakes, mostly because diapers were more appreciated during that period of time than cake.  With this cake, I wanted to again try my hand at decorating this diaper cake as if it were a wedding cake.  I used the stacking diapers technique from this site again.  I find it works well, and I really don't want to roll up a bunch of diapers.  The tissue paper flower instructions are from this site.  Obviously, my flowers aren't the same size as Emma's, but to get my size, I just folded one tissue paper in half over and over until I got the size I wanted (about 3"x5", but whatever size is fine) and then cut on the folds.  I think I only used 4 or 5 pieces of tissue paper per flower. 
 
This diaper cake was decorated August 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment