Welcome!!!

As my blog name suggests, this blog will be like a learning journal. I won't go step by step on each dessert on what to do, but instead focus on the technique(s) I was learning and what I discovered while in the process of making it. I hope you will learn a thing or two, or if anything, use this as a reference and get ideas for your dessert-making. Happy decorating!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polar Bear Cupcakes




These Polar Bears are from a great book called What's New, Cupcake? by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.  I highly recommend this book.  I believe you can get it on amazon.com for under $10.  The price on the back of the book is $16.95, and it would still be worth it if you had to pay the extra $7.  Anyway, there are other animals like whales, ducks (which are pictured on the front of the book), squirrels, moose(s?), flamingos, etc, and a whole section of April Fools cupcakes, and then of course, different holiday cupcakes that look pretty fun.  These cupcakes are the first ones I've done so I can't tell you if the others are as easy as these.  From the looks of them, most of them are pretty easy to do; you don't need a Masters in Culinary Arts to make these nor buy off-the-wall expensive ingredients.  Also, you might want to look at the prequel to this book, Hello, Cupcake!, which I don't have yet, but I'm sure it will have good cupcake ideas too.  Better yet, if you buy both of these on amazon, then you're almost to the free Super Saver Shipping amount.  Anyway, the polar bears were fun, easy, looked pretty cute, and even tasted good too!

These cupcakes were decorated February 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment