Welcome!!!

As my blog name suggests, this blog will be like a learning journal. I won't go step by step on each dessert on what to do, but instead focus on the technique(s) I was learning and what I discovered while in the process of making it. I hope you will learn a thing or two, or if anything, use this as a reference and get ideas for your dessert-making. Happy decorating!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunflower Cupcakes

chocolate cupcakes, chocolate frosting, buttercream frosting, mini chocolate chips (or regular as shown above)

A friend and I worked on these (there were about 2 dozen) and although they are simple, we learned that the consistency of the frosting is really important.  If it is too thick, then the petals won't make a point.  To thin frosting, add between 1/2 a tsp. and a tsp. of water to a cup of frosting, and keep doing this until you get the right consistency.  By the way, we used freezer Ziploc bags to hold the frosting.  Sandwich bags aren't strong enough to handle the pressure. 

These cupcakes were decorated June 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment