Welcome!!!

As my blog name suggests, this blog will be like a learning journal. I won't go step by step on each dessert on what to do, but instead focus on the technique(s) I was learning and what I discovered while in the process of making it. I hope you will learn a thing or two, or if anything, use this as a reference and get ideas for your dessert-making. Happy decorating!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flowers and Vines Cake



1/2 sheet vanilla cake, buttercream frosting

Techniques Used-star flower, vines, star border

Focus-vines

I made this cake in 2009, about six months after I started to decorate cakes, and I wanted to try making a vine design, but nothing too elaborate.  Since I didn't have anything to write on the top, this design separates the negative space into four smaller sections, making the cake seem less plain. 

This cake was decorated August 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment